Monday, January 11, 2010

There Are Certain Advantages...

...to having the kid home.

Exhibit A -


She made bread today. Yum. It's a recipe from Bittman's How to Cook Everything. She said it was easy. And it is certainly tasty. Very fine crumb. And one can cut very thin slices.

There was knitting accomplished this weekend.


This is Barbara's Christmas scarf...the one that might have been done on time if I hadn't cut the tip of my left index finger in just the right spot to make knitting rather painful for about a week. It softened up very nicely after a good washing. I hope she likes it.

And I started the first of the twelve Red Scarves I am going to try to do this year. This one is in the Palindrome pattern, a neat reversible cable. A little fiddly to do in this yarn (DiVe's Zenith) which is made of six strands that just don't want to hang together...so that I am constantly knitting and realizing that I have only caught five of the six strands. But a nice squooshy pattern. This isn't very wide...I hope it loosens a tiny bit in the washing. This is an early picture. I've gotten through the first ball of yarn...about 17 or 18 twists.


And I had to order some more yarn from Webs as that first ball only got me about 12 inches.

'Scuse the lousy picture...it's hard to photograph red.

2 comments:

Oh, Brother said...

A handy niece to have around the house . . .

Unknown said...

What's with the red scarves?