Friday, January 15, 2010

It's War!

Even as I type, the valiant soldiers of Azithromycin are battling the dread Monsters of Snot.

In other words, I think this gnawing ache that's been growing in my forehead, cheek and jaw over the last month or so is actually an infection, not just congestion. I stayed home from work today and called my doctor, figuring I would stagger over to her office. But bless her heart, she called in a prescription for antibiotics for me. I have to see her next week if I'm not feeling better.

So hurrah for drugs!

Had a lazy sort of day here, with lots of napping of a disoriented typed. Man, I had some weird dreams. I did manage to finish the new Joshua Ferris book. He wrote So We Come To The End, which I liked a lot. And this one, The Unnamed, is really wonderful. Sad and strange, but very good, I think. Now I'm in that stage where I need something else to read (and heaven knows, there are sure plenty of books around the house that I could pick up) but I don't know what it is I want. My friend Kat sent me a box of books, including some mysteries by a South African author she recommends.

Which reminds me...I need to send her a thank you email! Off to do that...and then collapse for the evening.

No comments: