Monday, September 21, 2009

Keeping My Promise

I told you I'd show you what I brought home from the Black Sheep with me on Saturday.

First of all, I got the thing I went up for....


There were only two copies left, I think. I love the hat on the cover...that's the main reason I bought this one. And yes, I know Jared is going to have the patterns available singly on his website at some point. But I've been reading his blog for years...I am very happy to support him. Besides, there are some other nice projects in here. Like these:


I went up to the shop in part to pick Tracy's brain about this sweater I want to make for Rachel. Tracy pointed me in the direction of this book,


telling me to check it out and see if it would be helpful. Well, I sat and looked at it and I don't know that it will be helpful....but there sure are some pretty patterns in it. Like this one:


I like this jacket a lot.

So, I was sitting there, knitting away on Rachel's scarf and getting annoyed at some of the conversation, when I saw this yarn.


The more I looked at it, the more I thought one of my cousins would really like these colors. (No, not you, ML. Sorry.) But a scarf would take 4 skeins...almost $50. And I love my cousins, I really do. But $50 for a scarf just seems a little much. But then I had the idea of mixing it with a skein of another yarn...this is Ella Rae.

And I might have started it the other day. You know, just to see how it looks.


And yes, Rachel, I'm still working on your scarf. I'm about 2/3 of the way through it. And I'll be starting your sweater...maybe even tonight! Well, maybe not. But soon, I promise!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks like you got some great stuff. I love the stripped scarf! great use of Noro and a standard wool. It really makes the colors pop!