Friday, January 4, 2008

Friday At Last

This will be a busy weekend of getting Rachel ready to head off to Mary Wash. This will require getting Rachel to do some actual shopping, something I think she hates even more than I do. It will also require dragging her out of the house before midnight. Should be amusing.

Last night we made some more Chocolate Crinkle cookies from the dough Rachel made...um...December 30th. Been chilling in the fridge ever since. Still made tasty cookies, though. I am having a hard time keeping from eating the ones sitting on my desk waiting for lunch. But before I even get to lunch I have to sit through an asinine meeting of a work group I've been put on...a work group that will address the problems that the Commissioner has with the letter-writing process. Even though we have no idea what those problems might be. Feh. I am so not in the mood.

Actually, I'm just not in the mood for any of this crap. It's hard coming back to work when I've had such a nice stretch of mostly being at home, doing what I want, when I want. Of course, I don't get a paycheck at home. But man, I'm ready to retire. I'm tired of this work, tired of my co-workers, tired of the commute....I am hoping that the job change (which should happen sometime after the end of January, when the other analyst in the branch comes back from some medical leave...please, God) will bring a little fresh air into the job. But basically, I just feel done.

I really shouldn't blog when I'm feeling this cranky. Fun to read, huh?

No comments: