Monday, May 2, 2011

Book Review -- Knit Noro




So...another stellar book from the Noro team. The cover says that there are 30 designs here but I seem to tally up 31. Perhaps I miscounted or perhaps a nice round number like 30 looks better on a cover. Who knows? I do know that there is not a single pattern in here that I can't see wanting to knit and wear... though I like some more than others.

Here's a better look at the cover sweater. Nice, eh?

But look at this pretty vest!

This might be the first one I try. I love this vest, with its vertical stripes and applied I-cord edging. It's knit from Taiyo and comes in sizes from XS to XXL. Seems very wearable to me.

And I like this cardigan a lot, too. This one is knit with Silk Garden and, again, comes in sizes from XS to XXL. Pretty.

But there are lots of other pretties in this book. I wish I could have scanned every picture for you. There are gloves.

There are scarves.There are blankets.There are socks.

Here's the break-down on the patterns:

Throws -- 3, two in Taiyo and one in Kureyon

Vest/Tunics -- 7, knit in Silk Garden, Kureyon and Taiyo, all of them running from at least S to L and 4 of them going to XL or XXL.

Scarves - 5, in Silk Garden, Silk Garden Sock, Kureyon (2) and Taiyo.

Cardigans/Pullovers -- 5, knit in Silk Garden, Silk Garden Sock, Silk Garden with a touch of Cash Iroha, and Taiyo, four of them start at S or XS and go to XXL, one runs from S to XL.

Hats -- 4, one of which is felted, knit in Silk Garden and KureyonSocks -- 2 pairs, one a lacy cuffed sock (shown above) and the other a pair of knee highs. Both out of Silk Garden Sock.

Shawls -- 2, both out of Kureyon. One very simple trangle, one with odd bobbles.

Accessories -- 1 cowl, 1 pair of gloves and 1 pair of fingerless mitts, all out of Silk Garden Sock.

Not a lot of space wasted on knitting instruction but there is a page or so in the back with illustrations of things like the three-needle bindoff, kitchenering, I-cord, etc.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Unusual pattern on the gloves - beautiful!