Friday, July 23, 2010

Weekly Wrap Up

So, let's get this out of the way...the routine stuff. The new red socks are coming along nicely...I'm trying to decide whether or not to make the cuffs ribbed, or stockinette, or go to the trouble of working out some fancier pattern.

I like the way the heels are purkle and yeller...


I do like me a cheerful sock.

The July Red Scarf (version 2.0) is coming along, though it may not be finished before August rears its ugly head. I'm a quarter of the way along, though, so it's making progress.


I know...that picture's not much different than the last one. Trust me. It's longer.

The shawl is coming along....

Hmmm...I think I like it. But sometimes I look at it and think, "Dang. That's awfully purple and green. Purple and green....huh. Do I really like purple and green?"

I mean, it's really purple and green.

It also has a couple of problems. In the first place, despite the relative randomness of Noro yarn, some of these fans that have fallen next to each other are awfully similar. Like the uppermost point and the one right below that and the one down and to the left of that one...all look pretty much of a muchness. And right in there next to those matchy-matchy ones are two that are a darker green and purpley-brown that are pretty much the same. But that's just part, as I said, of the randomness of Noro. The following, though, is all my fault. See this.

It's missing the third ridge. Darn it. And when I spotted it, I was about nine fans past it and really didn't feel like ripping back. But gee. It sure is purple and green.

When I was up at The Black Sheep last Tuesday, I saw the pattern for Stephen West's Daybreak shawl...and I really like it. Sorry for the crappy picture. I guess I should have taken it out of the plastic sleeve. Anyway, it's a nice stripey shawl. So I ran around the shop, picking up yarn, holding colors together, trying other combinations...having an awful lot of fun. Then I saw a cabinet full of Elsbeth Lavold's Silky Wool...oh, such pretty colors. How about red and cream? Red and charcoal? Teal and turquoise? Denim blue and gold? My head was spinning. It was all so pretty.

And what did I end up with?


Huh. Green and purple.

No comments: