So, there is knitting going on. I'm working on the sleeves of Rachel's sweater (two at a time, so they are moving slowly) and the February Red Scarf and my poor neglected pink socks. But they hardly change from day to day, so not much to write about there.
But hey, I checked out PC's blog today (always an entertaining read) and he had this stupid but somewhat intriguing list of questions. So, herewith, my own answers:
1. What curse word do you use the most?
Generally…”damn.” Or “damnity-damn.” Or if something is really irritating “fuck.”
2. Do you own an iPod?
No. I have some sort of generic MP3 player but, as my husband is constantly pointing out, I never use it.
3. What person do you talk to the most?
Probably the aforementioned husband. Or my co-workers, with whom I actually enjoy talking.
4. What time is your alarm clock set to?
My alarm clock is that same aforementioned husband. He wakes me at 6 a.m. on workdays and is smart enough not to wake me on weekends.
5. Do you still remember the first person you kissed?
Yep. And, as a matter of fact, (I know, how dull) it’s that same guy I’ve mentioned in the previous three questions. Unless you count non-romantic kissing in which case it was probably my mom.
6. Do you remember where you were on 9/11/01?
Sitting at my desk at work. And, like PC, I was on Readerville at the time. I remember RML’s posting. And PC’s. And then my boss turned on his tv and we were glued to that or, when I couldn’t take the pictures anymore, to Readerville.
7. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
Take, take, take. I always look old, fat and stupid in pictures. All of which I may be, but I prefer not to have photographic evidence.
8. What was the last movie you watched?
Ummm…Sunshine Cleaning while I exercise biked. I liked it.
9. Do any of your friends have children?
Yes, though they are all sort of old children.
10. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
Has any ever not called me lazy?
11. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep?
12. What cd is currently in your cd player?
Probably none. I tend to eject them once I’m done.
13. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
14. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
Not a secret, per se. But stuff I’m not going to repeat.
15. When was the last time you had Starbucks?
I only go there for the hot chocolate and I don’t think I’ve had any from there this year so I’ll say last winter.
16. Can you whistle?
Yes. What’s it to you?
17. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
What a weird question. When I meet someone? Probably his face.
18. What are you looking forward to?
Going home tonight. Lunch. The next Terry Pratchett.
19. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
We had no tv when I was growing up, but I am old enough that we saw cartoons before the main feature at the movie theaters.
20. Do you own any band t-shirts?
21. What will you be doing in one hour?
22. Is anyone in love with you?
I sure hope so.
23. What was the last song you heard?
Tomaso Albinoni’s Adagio in G Minor
24. When was the last time you cried?
The other evening, reading the Ravelry thread on sad commercials and watching those commercials. Tear-jerkers, all!
25. Are you on a desktop computer or a laptop?
26. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
Nope. I just don’t get the desire for tattoos. (And I must admit that my mother’s voice in my head is muttering “trailer trash” whenever I see one.)
27. What's the weather like?
We’re expecting another snowstorm. Whoopie.
28. Would you ever date a girl/guy covered in tattoos?
I don’t think the aformentioned husband would be cool with it…with or without tattoos.
29. What did you do before this?
Floated in the cosmos, waiting to be born.
30. When is the last time you slept on the floor?
Can’t remember…if I did it now, I’d probably never get up again.
31. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
I seem to be able to get by on about 6 a night but I know I should be getting more. On weekends, I average 8 to 9.
32. Do you eat breakfast daily?
No, I don’t like most breakfast foods.
33. Are your days fast-paced?
No. Most of them are slow enough that I have to check my pulse occasionally.
34. What did you do last night?
Burned dinner, rode the exercise bike, watched some John Stewart, wasted too much time playing a stupid computer game. Just where did that evening go?
35. Do you use sarcasm?
I’m afraid so.
36. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
37. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Pretty much so. My mom was an English teacher and used to correct my errors in letters I wrote to her. Some of that rubbed off.
38. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Amusement parks are my idea of Hell. So, no.
39. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex?
Depends on the person’s personality more than gender as to whether we’ll get along.
40. Do you like mustard?
Yes, and ketchup, and chutney, and salsa, though you didn’t ask.
41. Do you sleep on your side?
Yes, but it has to be my left side.
42. Do you watch the news?
Very rarely…usually only if I wander in the room when BBC World News is on. Sometimes watch John Stewart on line.
43. How did you get one of your scars?
Fell off the Selhorst’s back porch and ripped my knee open. And my friend Debbie wouldn’t walk home with me. My dad took me to the hospital and I got several stitches while I frantically recited the plot of The Five Little Peppers to him so as not to think about what the doctor was doing. (I was about 10.)
44. Who was the last person to make you mad?
45. Do you like anybody?
A few people, I’ll admit.
46. What is the last thing you purchased?
Postage for a package I sent to my daughter. And just before that, a scratch-off lottery ticket to stick in that package for her amusement.
47. What side of the heart do you draw first?
48. Can you dive without plugging your nose?
I do not dive.
49. What color is your razor?
Blue and white
50. What is your blood-type?
51. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
Someone with a sharp knife or an extensive knowledge of knots.
52. What is a rumor someone has spread about you?
I’m so far out of the loop I wouldn’t know about any rumor anyone spread.
53. How do you feel about carrots?
Better cooked than raw.
54. How many chairs at the dining room table?
55. Which is the best Spice Girl?
Cinnamon? Though Nutmeg is nice, too.
56. Do you know what time it is?
25 or 6 to 4
57. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince Theme Song?
I don't know ANY of the words to the Fresh Prince Theme Song.
58. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?
If I were smart, I’d have my book with me and I’d read. After pushing the emergency button.
59. What's your favorite kind of gum?
I liked Teaberry gum when I was little.
60. T or F: All's fair in love and war?
61. Do you have a crush on anyone?
I’ve never recovered from my teenage crush on David McCallum. Sigh.
62. Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning?
63. Do you like to sleep?
Yes, particularly if I can dream.
64. Do you know which US states don't use Daylight Savings Time?
Since my dad lived there, I know that Indiana doesn't. Or at least part of the state.
65. Do you know the song Total Eclipse of the Heart?
Yes, I lived through the ‘80’s.
66. Do you want a bright yellow '06 Mustang?
No, but I wouldn’t mind a bright yellow Scion DX…the old boxy style.
67. What's something you've always wanted?
68. Do you have hairy legs?
69. Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake?
70. Do you wear a lot of black?
Yes, it doesn’t show the dirt.
71. Describe your hair:
Fine, dishwater colored, floppy and disheveled.
72. Do you have Entomophobia?
No. Except for moths.
73. Are you an adult?
Legally, yes, though I keep waiting to grow up.
74. Where is/are your best friend(s)?
One’s at work, one’s off at college.
75. Do you have a tan?
No, I don’t tan.
76. Are you a television addict?
No, but don’t ask me about computer games.
77. Do you enjoy spending time with your mother?
I certainly did. And wish I could spend time with her again.
78. Are you a sugar freak?
Only until I eat something sweet…and then I want something salty.
79. Do you like orange juice?
80. What sign are you?
So there you have it.