Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Sun Appears

I feel as though we should be sacrificing a virgin or something. Mr. Pointy Sticks was out for two hours this morning digging us out. I was excused from shovel duty as this lovely hacking cough I've had all week is only getting worse. Thankfully, I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow...if the office is open.

People have been calling this Snowmageddon and Snowpocalypse but I think I read the best name for it this morning -- Snoverkill! I'm done with snow. Snow kidding. And there are mutterings of another storm coming through on Monday...no word yet on whether that will be snow or rain.

And while it's been nice being home...for the first few days...I miss my work buddies and keep thinking about the one assignment I have sitting on my desk that should have been released to the Hill on the 8th....of course, the Hill isn't there to worry about it and it isn't life or death...but still...

Meanwhile, reading, knitting, making brownies, eating brownies, reading, knitting...it's not the worse thing in the world but when you can't even leave the house for a quick run to the yarn store...or groceries...it gets a leetle boring. I think if I just knew I could leave, it would be better. It's knowing you can't that makes you itchy.

No comments: