So I finished the third hat for Kelly. It's simple and I was planning to do a little embroidery and decorate it with some buttons. I bought some buttons that I thought were cute but when I was finished I took them off the card and laid them out on the hat...
and they were....blah....dull....nothing. They don't show up at all. So I dragged out the button box.
(By the way, look at the cute "knitted for you" labels I found at JoAnn's last week. Can't wait to use them in something.) But scrabble about among the buttons as I might, I found nothing that looked right. These were the right shape and size....but definitely not the right color!
So I am thinking now that the hat will be simple and unadorned.
And I have an idea for another one...Kelly better watch out. She's going to have a hat wardrobe to rival Imelda's shoes.