Saturday, February 26, 2011

Button, Button, Who's Got The Button?

So I finished the third hat for Kelly. It's simple and I was planning to do a little embroidery and decorate it with some buttons. I bought some buttons that I thought were cute but when I was finished I took them off the card and laid them out on the hat...

and they were....blah....dull....nothing. They don't show up at all. So I dragged out the button box.

(By the way, look at the cute "knitted for you" labels I found at JoAnn's last week. Can't wait to use them in something.) But scrabble about among the buttons as I might, I found nothing that looked right. These were the right shape and size....but definitely not the right color!

So I am thinking now that the hat will be simple and unadorned.

And I have an idea for another one...Kelly better watch out. She's going to have a hat wardrobe to rival Imelda's shoes.

2 comments:

ml said...

Those are excellent colors and I'm sure Kelly will enjoy this latest chapeau. I like the rolled brim and I know she appreciates that aspect of one of the knit caps that someone made her--rolls up when she's hot and down twenty seconds later when she's cold.

Kelly turns forty-seven year old tomorrow. Her two bestest girl friends from childhood came in over the weekend to love her up and celebrate her birthday. Very good of them to come and meant a lot to her.

Rooie said...

I got a lovely note from Kelly the other day. Her handwriting is amazingly like yours...for a few seconds, I thought the note was from you.