Sunday, May 20, 2012

Three Days Gone


Nice weekend, though it's almost over and that sucks.  I took Friday off, mostly for a routine doctor's appointment but it was also sooooo nice not to be at work.  I mean, I love Elizabeth but we've been working really hard and under a fair amount of pressure and it's been more tiring than I realized.  After the doctor's, Mr. Pointy Sticks and I had lunch out (at Atwater's -- yum) and then spent some time and money at Barnes and Noble.  I got both the new Garth Nix (A Confusion of Princes, which I've read already and really liked) and China Mieville's Railsea, which I may start today.

On Saturday we went to Cromwell Bridge Park and went on a bird walk.  We saw


File:Baltimore Orioles and nest.jpg

Baltimore Orioles

File:Orchard Oriole.jpg

Orchard Orioles

File:IndigoBunting23.jpg

Indigo Bunting

File:Eastern Bluebird-27527-2.jpg

Bluebird



Tree Swallows

File:Blue Grosbeak by Dan Pancamo.jpg

Blue Grosbeaks (alas, only the brownish female, not this snappy blue male) and many others.  I didn't get any good pictures, having only a weensy digital, so these images come from Wikimedia Commons.  No copyright infringement here!

On the way home we stopped at Flavors and got ourselves some cupcakes.  Yum.  Their Salted Caramel cupcakes are marvelous!

And even with the cupcakes, the weight loss continues.  I'm down 18 pounds since February.  Little pat on the back for me.

And I finished my Wingspan!

Here it is on the hood of the car...the colors look pretty true here.  It's sort of disappointingly small.  More like a neckerchief than a shawl.  Someday perhaps I'll make a bigger one.

I'm going to wind my yarn one of these days for my first (of three) Camp Loopy project, which I can't start until next Sunday.  In the meantime, I'm working on a Hitchhiker in Kauni Rainbow.  I won't have it done by Sunday so it'll be a good waiting-to-start-Camp-Loopy's-project, in-between project.



No comments: