Monday, July 7, 2008

The Yarn

I promised you pictures of yarn...pictures of yarn you shall have!

Here's what I got at the Knitter's Cottage.

Some Opal:


The rather gruff Knitter's Cottage owner/worker was knitting up a pair of socks in this and the colors were just so pretty...I couldn't resist. Actually, there was also a really pretty skein with various blues that I think Rachel would have liked. But this one seemed more unusual. Sorry, toots. Besides you want a sweater more than you want a pair of socks, right?

The other yarn I bought was this:


Noro Matsuri. I have some of this already (in fact, I bought it full price the first time I visited the Knitter's Cottage) in a mostly greeny-bluey blend, and I am thinking it might be fun to do a big Noro striped scarf out of it. It was on sale this time, but not a huge sale....about $2 off. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, as my mother would have said.

And, I think I'll be writing more about this, but let me just say that I am very impressed with Working Assets/Credo.

No comments: